Friday, September 20, 2013
APPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
I recently found this recipe my mom gave me many years ago. Don't think I ever made it ... until today.
1/4 cup of crisco
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 teasp of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 teasp of baking powder
1/4 teasp of salt
1/2 cup of milk
2-4 apples (I used macs because they are in season)
2 teasp of cinnamon (mixed with 1/4 cup of sugar)
Cream the crisco, while adding sugar, well beaten egg and vanilla.
Sift dry ingredients together and add alternately with the milk.
Grease bottom and sides of pan well.
Peel, and slice apples thin and spread on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle apples with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Pour cake mixture over the apples.
Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is awesome Linda! Wish I had a piece..(Hint)
ReplyDelete